Custodian I (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req11117
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Custodial
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
In support of the University of Arizona's goals, Custodial Services is committed to providing a clean, safe, and cheerful environment through the highest quality cleaning. We pride ourselves in having the utmost in customer service and positive communication all performed by the best trained, and highest quality Custodians available. Facilities Management Custodial positions clean classrooms, labs and offices of assigned buildings on the University campus.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sweeps, mops, polishes and strips floors in rooms and halls.
- Dusts and/or polishes furniture, blinds and equipment.
- Cleans restrooms and fills dispensers.
- Vacuums, spot cleans and/or extracts carpets, and furniture using commercial vacuum cleaners and extraction equipment.
- Reports malfunctions of bathroom fixtures, light fixtures and/or damages to room and hall furnishings to Supervisor.
- May also replace light bulbs.
- Initiates work orders for repair/maintenance.
- Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures as required.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Assures all safety precautions are followed in the workplace.
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner and is a team player.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent
learning attained through experience required.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Two years or more of institutional custodial experience.
- Experience operating carpet cleaning and floor finishing machines. For example: buffers, extractors, auto scrubbers, and propane burnishers.
- Some positions require possession of a valid driver's license upon employment and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.50
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 5
Contact Information for Candidates
(520) 621-0255 or email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.