Temporary Fiscal & HRIS Specialist (REMOTE)
West Virginia University Division of Talent & Culture is currently accepting applications for a temporaray Fiscal and HRIS Specialist.
About the Opportunity
As a Fiscal and HRIS Specialist, you will be part of the Benefits Strategy team and work in conjunction with the HRIS financial support specialist and HR Manager (handling billing/discrepancies) will development and provide analytical analysis and reporting of benefits and services for the department of Benefits Strategy/Talent & Culture.What you'll do:
- Responsible for the analysis, development and submission of employee billing or invoicing systems for employee for all health and welfare insurance deductions such as PEIA health insurance, basic life, optional life, dependent life, FBMC elective benefits, Standard, disability, AIG accidental insurance coverage, ACA report information etc and reconciling.
- Responsible for notifying all appropriate parties of payment due and making arrangement of payments to applicable vendors.
- Responsible for the PEIA Benefit Administration System reconciliation. (Oversees site issues and reconciles information outstanding).
- Responsible for the monitoring of outstanding/reoccurring issues.
- Must serve as a Web Contribution Coordinator for the Benefit Administration System (BAS) located within PEIA (representing WVU)
- Reconciles escrow deductions and payments to applicable vendors. Notifies the appropriate parties who will need to submit payment to vendor, collect missed deduction, or refunds to occur.
- Ability to run queries in conjunction with the HRIS Specialist and coordinate the creation of adhoc reports for WVU and WVURC, as needed.
- May be required to provide counseling, guidance and interpretation of various benefits fiscal related state and federal regulations. Responds to inquiries, complaints, unique problem situations regarding various benefit deduction issues, policies and procedures. Explain payment and collection guidelines to external vendors.
- Will serve as a liaison to various external agencies regarding billing/invoicing issues employee questions/concerns, i.e. cancelation of coverage, qualifying event, etc.
- Responsible for fiscal audits (participating, notification of documents to be sent and timeliness)
- Provides consultation to Finance, Tax, Payroll, supervisors, administrators, deans, and directors regarding fiscal matters (cost analysis, audits, charges, etc).
- Provide professional and courteous customer service to all WVU employees and benefit vendors. Continuously assists in building the service level and reputation of Talent & Culture and the Benefits Strategy unit meeting the Mountaineer Values and Mission.
- Position interacts on a regular basis with Finance, IT, Payroll, Tax, supervisors, managers, directors, and employees at all levels of the organization including WVU Morgantown campus, WVU Parkersburg, Potomac State College, and West Virginia Institute of Technology and satellite locations. Frequently interacts with individuals outside the University including vendors such as PEIA, FBMC, Standard, Tango, Health Equity, third party representatives, employee representatives, other higher educational institutions within WV, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of best business excel practices within the institution and higher education.
- Responsible for the development, design and future enhancements of insurance billing system.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience involving:
- General account/bookkeeping knowledge with emphasis in account reconciliation.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets preparation and manipulation.
- Experience with analytical reasoning.
- Experience with conducting data analysis and researching fiscal complex issues.
- Access database experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong functional computer skills with knowledge of excel.
- Demonstrated ability to reason logically and analyze and solve technical and accounting information problems.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and evaluate data, draw conclusions, and project consequences of various alternative recommendations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting theories, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of database systems and processes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written communication, and attention to detail ass detail by previous work experience, application materials.
- Availability to work independently or in collaboration with others when unusual circumstances arise.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and other third part software packages.
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and daily operations simultaneously sensitive situations.
- Ability to collaborate in a positive and constructive manner with others from various units to accomplish common goals.
- Responsible for providing audit information/requests to applicable parties.
About WVUWhy WVU?
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 27, 2022
Posting Classification: Temporary
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No