Course Videographer (Part-Time)
Posting Number: req11130
Department: James C Wyant Coll Optical Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Wyant College of Optical Sciences is seeking applicants for a part-time Administrative Support Assistant to coordinate video recording of Optical Sciences courses for on campus student access and the Wyant College Distance Learning program. This is a 9-month academic schedule position.
Please note: This position will be performed in-person at the University of Arizona main campus, Monday-Friday during regular University business hours.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Record course lectures and coordinate the recording of lectures. Coordinate student access to courses. Coordinate scheduling, preparation, recording, quality and delivery of handouts and graduate courses (credit and non-credit) to and from remote locations. Generate web streaming and post recorded content online for all distance courses. May oversee student employees who record courses.
- Record and coordinate pre-recordings, recitations, makeup of recorded distance classes with professors. Facilitate recording of several OSC related events/activities to include weekly Colloquium.
- Manage recording equipment, troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions, maintain classrooms 305 & 307.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn how to operate and troubleshoot audio/video equipment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to work successfully as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- A strong work ethic.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Prior experience with video recording and equipment is preferable.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 10
Job FTE: .25
Work Calendar: Academic
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.