Administrative Associate (Administrative Support Assistant III)
Posting Number: req11110
Department: Graduate College Admin
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Graduate College is looking for an Administrative Associate (Administrative Support Assistant III). This position will report to the Administrative Coordinator, Business and Finance and will provide support to the Graduate College and Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC). Primary responsibilities will be to facilitate college and program daily operation functions, including communicating with internal/external stakeholders, preparing documents, compiling records, scheduling meetings, and organizing and maintaining information.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Financial duties include:
- Managing various PCard functions.
- Document preparation of various UAccess Financials documents (including DV's, travel reimbursements, requisitions, supply orders, vendor set-up, document corrections, Internal Billings and Transfer of Funds).
- Travel related duties (travel arrangements, processing Travel Auths, Expense Reimbursements, motor pool requests).
- Data entry of student awards for processing.
Daily operations/facilities tasks including:
- Monitor supply inventory.
- Vendor arrangements (water delivery, shredding services).
- Submission of FM requests.
- Coordinate GPSC GA meetings/scheduling.
- Assist with event planning for various Grad/GPSC events.Serve as a liaison between GPSC GA's and the Graduate College.
HR related tasks including:
- Coordinate GA postings within Handshake job posting portal.
- Collect/manage applicant materials and distribute to review committee.
- Coordinating interview scheduling.
- Work in partnership with Grad College to provide on-boarding training for new GPSC GA's and Executive Board members.
Provide support to various grant funding programs, including:
- Assisting with GPSC ReaP and POD grant questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Assisting with data collection for GPSC grant applications.
- Assist with data collections related to various reporting requirements.
Website support for GPSC website, including:
- Updating user access, update GPSC website, maintaining website information, coordinating Listservs, in partnership with the Grad College, work with UITS on server and hardware related requests.
school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through
of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in University of Arizona Systems.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.30 - $21.63 DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Administrative Coordinator, Graduate College
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Finalists will be asked to provide three professional references later in the recruitment process.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.