Assistant or Associate Professor: Biomedical Engineering
Position Title Assistant or Associate Professor: Biomedical Engineering
- Teach core undergraduate courses in the biomedical engineering Fields.
- Develop and teach core and advanced courses and laboratories in biomedical engineering and bioengineering areas that are listed in the current biomedical engineering curriculum.
- Initiate and pursue a vibrant research agenda in biomedical engineering or related fields in biomedical sciences that may lead to innovations.
- Develop grant proposals to secure research and educational funding.
- Publish in refereed journals and professional Conferences.
- Serve on department, school, university or community Committees.
- Actively assist in the pursuing and maintenance of ABET accreditation.
- Advise students based on the needs of the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering or a closely related discipline in biomedical sciences by the start date of appointment.
- A record of excellence in research and innovation.
- A record of excellence in scholarly publications in biomedical engineering and science field.
- A commitment to teaching at the undergraduate levels.
- A dedication to service in both the research community and the university.
- Strong focus on bio-thermal, bio-fluid and bio-transport phenomena are of particular interest.
- Must have a background and expertise to teach courses in the curriculum, for example, but no limited to, bio-fluid mechanics, bio-thermodynamics, bio-transport phenomena, bio-materials, bio-mechanics, bioinstrumentation, bioimaging, etc.
- Evidence of ABET accreditation experience and knowledge.
- Prior postdoctoral experience in biomedical research or work experience in medical center.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with faculty and staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of teaching as well as a broad knowledge in biomedical engineering or a closed related field.
- Excellent teaching and research skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Time management and organizational skill.
Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application/Resume Deadline Open Until Filled Yes
Job Posting Link https://umes.peopleadmin.com/postings/3111
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering or a closely related discipline in biomedical sciences or will have a Ph.D. by the start date of appointment?
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering or a closely related discipline in biomedical sciences
- Will have a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering or a closely related discipline in biomedical sciences
- None of above
- * Do you have ABET accreditation experience and knowledge?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Interest
- Letter of Interest