Assistant or Associate Professor: Aerospace Engineering
Position Title Assistant or Associate Professor: Aerospace Engineering
- Teach core undergraduate courses in aerospace and mechanical engineering fields.
- Develop and teach advanced courses and laboratories in Control, Space System Design, Space
- Navigation and Guidance, Unmanned Aerial System Design, etc. that are in the current engineering curriculum.
- Teach core and elective courses in the graduate level with a focus in Control and Mechatronics in the department.
- Initiate and pursue a vibrant research agenda in aerospace engineering or related fields that may lead to innovations.
- Develop grant proposals to secure research and educational funding.
- Publish in refereed journals and professional conferences.
- Serve on department, school, and University committees.
- Actively assist in the maintenance of ABET accreditation.
- Advise students
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline by the start date of appointment.
- Record of excellence in research and innovation and excellence in scholarly publications.
- Background and expertise in, but not limited to, Control, Space System Design, Space Navigation and Guidance, and Unmanned Aerial System, etc.
- Commitment to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Dedication to service in both the research community and the university.
- Must have a commitment to student advising and recruitment at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication.
- Evidence of experience and knowledge of ABET accreditation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work effectively and collegiality with faculty and staff in the department and the university and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of teaching as well as a broad knowledge in aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Excellent public speaking and teaching skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must be able to show acceptable documentation establishing the right to accept employment in the United States of America without employer sponsorship.
Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application/Resume Deadline Open Until Filled Yes
Job Posting Link https://umes.peopleadmin.com/postings/3117
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Ph.D. in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline or will have a Ph.D. by the start date of appointment?
- Ph.D. in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Will have a Ph.D. in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline by the start date of appointment?
- None of the above
- * Do you have ABET accreditation experience and knowledge?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Interest
- Letter of Interest