Technology Asset Management Specialist- ISY
Kennesaw State University
IT Support and Training
Job ID: 247053
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Ensures sufficient inventory levels to meet customer demand while tracking to reduce losses and inefficiencies. Accountable for the day-to-day maintaining, receiving, tracking and coordinating assets and consumables housed within the UITS warehouses and stockrooms. Involves several inventory control processes to count, examine, move, order, and dispose of stock as needed. Has an influential role in inventory planning and strategy.
1. Maintains receiving, warehousing, and supports distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing processes and procedures
2. Organizes and maintains technology equipment stored in the warehouses and stockrooms
3. Pulls stock and/or new items to stage the parts list for upcoming installations
4. Processes and maintains weekly equipment surplus, adhering to USG and DOAS procedures on removing university technology, maintaining accurate records of each transaction in the UITS IT asset management system
5. Controls inventory levels by enforcing the use of standard processes, conducting physical counts, and supporting technology audits
6. Responsible for developing the list and quantities for stock items and consumables ordered
7. Ensures assets are properly maintained and tracked in the UITS IT asset and inventory management system
8. Receives and evaluates new and returned technology equipment, assigns asset tags as required, tests for damage and proper operation, and ensures all equipment is updated in the UITS IT inventory and asset management system
9. Maintains a neat and orderly working environment and files various asset and inventory documents in accordance with IT Operation's processes
10. Maintains an organized, neat and clean warehouse, stockroom, and office environment at all times
High School diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
KSU forklift training within 30 days of employment
KSU driving requirements for UITS vehicles (i.e., Box Truck) within 30 days of employment
Three (3) years of related warehouse and asset management experience demonstrating a progression of increasing responsibility.
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Experience providing inventory and asset management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
Able to operate powered pallet jacks and/or forklifts
Able to troubleshoot and/or install basic Audio/Visual equipment
Able to identify and articulate process improvements for asset tracking and warehouse inventory
Able to act as a customer advocate to continuously improve process responsiveness and customer service
Able to anticipate problems and proactively develop appropriate solutions
Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
Able to handle multiple tasks at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to interface appropriately and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and grant sponsors
Self-starter with strong interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, and relationship building, along with an ability to translate between technical and functional teams
Proficient with computer applications (Microsoft Excel an absolute) and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, ServiceNow, Peoplesoft)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Position of Trust + Education & DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=247053&PostingSeq=1