Senior Engagement Coordinator (AOURP) (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req11100
Department: All of Us Research Program
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: Phoenix, AZ USA
Position HighlightsUniversity of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) is seeking an Engagement Coordinator to support a federally funded 5-year joint effort, the All of Us Research Program at the University of Arizona and Banner Health.
The All of Us Research Program is a national effort supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) that aims to build the largest and most diverse database of health information of its kind that researchers can use to study health and illness. The All of Us Research Program at the University of Arizona and Banner Health will contribute significantly to the development of this database by engaging 100,000 or more participants in our region who volunteer their health data over many years.
The Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and participating in outreach events, discussing the goals of the program with potential participants, and completing follow-up communications with new and existing participants. A successful candidate will enjoy interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and can build rapport with others quickly.
*Travel: This position works from either our Phoenix or Tucson and will require occasional in-state travel for professional committee meetings, presentations, and site events (30%).
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.Driver's License
Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify potential community partners, including non-profit organizations, government entities, corporate, and educational institutions and create and foster mutually beneficial relationships, especially in partners serving underrepresented communities.
- Work closely with community members, organizations, and corporations to assess their needs and facilitate the engagement with All of Us initiatives and resources to develop long-term partnerships.
- Develop tactics and campaigns to meet the strategic plan and goals of the initiatives that align with the values and vision laid out by the AoU Program.
- Establish and retain connections within UBR communities and launch programs that directly corollate with the mission and goal to engage and enroll participants in those communities.
- Recruits program participants, members and volunteers utilizing the most appropriate promotional or marketing methods such as individual letters, brochures, presentations at meetings, or events.
- Develops and facilitates in-person and virtual workshops, meetings, or conferences with high impact on program and/or participants; coordinates logistics, scheduling, and participant communications; assesses and tracks success of each engagement.
- Administers programs and initiatives to support student, corporate, and community engagement in health promotion and research efforts, including recruiting, training, motivating and mentoring peer educators or student leaders on health promotion and research initiatives and special projects and serving as their resource within the program.
- Scheduling of prospective participants for research visits and procedures; communicating with existing participants to support retention and other program activities.
- Follow-up with participants to complete additional research activities.
- Maintain current and accurate written & electronic records and files to support clinical research activities; enter data into various auditable databases or electronic data-capture systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Must have a valid Driver's license and willing to travel as needed.
Preferred Qualifications- Experience with community-based participatory research.
* Bilingual - English/Spanish.
* Ability to attend evening, weekend and extended day events with advance notice.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $42,602 - $55,833, annually
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 7
Contact Information for Candidates
Carrie Simmons | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.