Accounting Coordinator - Grants (Hybrid) - Clinical and Translational Science Institute
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for an Accounting Grants Coordinator with the WV Clinical and Translational Science Institute
About the Opportunity
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applicants for an accounting grants coordinator to assist in post-award accounting support. The overall responsibility of this position is to gather and process financial transactions for WVCTSI activities, and to provide accounting assistance to researchers as well as contract and expense tracking support. The mission of WVCTSI is improve the health of West Virginians by building infrastructure and statewide collaborations to enable clinical and translational studies; by developing successful researchers throughout the state of West Virginia; by supporting grant applications to federal and private funding agencies; and by developing outreach to the citizens of WV. This position will work across all WVCTSI cores and programs.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
* A range of health insurance and various other benefits
* Dependent Education Scholarship
* WVU Perks
* And More!!
What you'll do:
- Prepare informative complex financial reports
- Communicate accounting variances by investigating and analyzing source documentation. Lead the process to solve discrepancies by working with appropriate study coordinators.
- Identify and implement training as necessary for the WVCTSI's staff on WVU procurement policies & procedures.
- Collaborate with WVU Shared Services to complete and submit appropriate forms
- Prepares financial documents including service agreement and creates requisitions in WVU Mountaineer Marketplace in accordance with the policies and procedures of West Virginia University, the WVU Research Corporation and WVCTSI.
- Maintains an up-to date status of accounts for the WVCTSI.
- Processes & analyzes purchase orders, initiating cancellations, finalizing open orders and other actions as necessary to finalize transactions and close out accounts.
- Processes inventory forms and tags as needed. Maintains file of inventory tags.
- Monitors & reconciles assigned accounts & projects
- Supports staff with travel settlements and reimbursement.
- Provides financial supports to WVCTSI members as needed.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Assists in the year-end and grant close out.
- Assists with WVCTSI budgeting process.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or a business related field;
- One (1) yearof experience performing post-award accounting activities for sponsored research projects including; federal and industry sponsored research; OR an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200 - Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and theories and their application to accounting problems.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Skilled at maintaining accurate financial records and preparing clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing and operational use.
- Skilled at utilizing accounting, financial, and related computer software & applications (e.g. Oracle Budgeting and Planning, Microsoft Office suite, etc.).
- Strong customer services skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of rules and regulations mandated by West Virginia University pertaining to grants and credit card purchases.
- Ability to create, use, and update computer spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to learn specific institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Read, interpret, follow and communicate documents such as procedure manuals, data from accounting and financial reports, organizational policies and procedures, and other sources as needed.
- Organize information, perform financial calculations, draw logical conclusions, prepare financial reports, analyze and summarize data for supervisor and upper level management review. Develop and prepare sequential reports as needed.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 27, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes