Technical Lead Systems Support
Who we want:
Technical Lead Systems Support
The Technical Lead Systems Support will lead a team in the performance of all activities necessary to provide desktop and software application support to internal users to ensure proper and effective operations. This position will Identify and implement systems to automate service and support processes within the Service Desk and will serve as the point of escalation and lead technical resource on issues and projects related to desktops, software application support, and infrastructure services.
What you'll do:
- Receive, respond to and monitor status of requests for technical support; update ticket system to reflect activities performed and status of request to ensure timely completion of request in accordance with established policy
- Configure both local and multi-platform personal computer systems, installing software and establishing connection to network(s) in accordance with specified standards
- Develop and apply standard computer images with authorized software to computers to ensure consistent configurations
- Triage complex problems, taking corrective action or creating automation to ensure continuous availability and to minimize downtime
- Via phone, video conference or in person, troubleshoot hardware and software problems by performing a variety of diagnostic procedures to identify appropriate corrective measures
- Actively participate in deployment and relocation of computers and associated peripheral equipment
- Test upgrades and/or patches to software prior to rollout; prepare report of findings
- Provide application assistance to end user as requested, replicate errors, re-set computers and printers
- Connect individual and networked devices to computers; perform initial connectivity test to ensure proper connectivity
- Trace and trouble-shoot network connectivity problems; notify appropriate responsible unit(s) based on findings
- Advise others on resolution and solutions to issues
- Review service desk tickets each quarter with the aim to deploy new automations or self-service options
- Create, update, and maintain technical documentation for use within the group as well as outside entities
- Participate in projects to roll out new applications, capabilities, and/or technology
- Perform routine server administration for Azure services as needed
What you'll need:
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident, articulate presence representing the technology team in related meetings.
- Expert with PowerShell scripting to manage servers, laptops, server core.
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing platforms.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Azure service
- Expert in working with Active Directory or Azure AD
- Expert in working with workstation operating systems
- Expert in working with Microsoft Office Suite and Office Online
- Experience Administering SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, and Exchange
- Experience with MS Endpoint/Intune or SCCM
- Experience with data backup procedures and applications
- Experience with SAN and LAN concepts and products
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management
- Familiarity with desktop, laptop and server hardware
- Familiarity with audio visual equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- An advocate's belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
Bachelor's degree in Engineer / Computer Science or closely related field and six (6) years experience providing diagnostic and trouble-shooting support for desktop and server issues in a Windows platform environment, OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certification, or willingness to complete certification, for the Microsoft 365 Administrator or Azure Administrator.
Person must be able to deal with multiple priorities, interruptions, and related stress. Confidentiality required.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. This position may require some early mornings and evenings to accommodate meetings and events. This position currently requires you to work from the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with Monday and Friday optional remote days.
ASUEP follows federal guidance which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances in which an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.