Grant and Contract Coordinator
Posting Number: req11034
Department: Sponsored Projects Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Sponsored Projects Services (SPS) at the University of Arizona is in search of a Grant and Contract Coordinator II. This position responsibilities include the preparation of invoices and financial reports, completion of account reconciliations, aged accounts receivable, cash management, account closeout, and interaction with sponsoring agencies and university personnel.
At Sponsored Projects Postaward Services, we advance the University of Arizona's research mission by providing accounting and grant administration analysis for our world class researchers. Come join a team of 50 with tremendous career advancement opportunities, including senior, principal, and manager positions. Performance benefits include flexible schedules and remote work from within the Tucson area. We value diverse skills and experience, and your qualifications could add exceptional value to our team. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit invoices, financial reports and other administrative reports using University systems and other resources. Respond to external or internal inquiries regarding these reports.
- Cash management duties such as monitoring and collecting accounts receivables. Processing internal receipts documentation. Reviewing cash status of active accounts.
- Closeout awards in the financial and research systems according to sponsor and University requirements
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience preparing reconciliations and analyzing transactions and data
- Capacity to learn and work independently, including in a telework environment from home
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Organization and time management skills
- Proficiency with computer systems; particularly Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Adobe PDF. Ability to learn new systems and adapt to changes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or advanced learning attained through experience required
- 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience with UA or other university financial, research and database reporting systems.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.15
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Grant & Contract Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.