Fitness Program Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development & Management (80%):
• Design and maintain diverse and inclusive fitness program offerings including personal training, fitness assessments, and small group programs that are supportive of Mount Students, Mount Employees, and ARCC members fitness and wellness needs.
• Teach group fitness classes and conduct personal training sessions.
• Develop strategies to maintain record keeping, including client intake files and associated documents, certification records of Fitness staff and recommended or required industry standard trainings.
• Assist with select departmental programs, trainings, and special events
• Oversee the utilization and general operations, of the Fitness Center, Spin Studio, and Group Exercise Studio.
• Prepare statistics and information for Director?s utilization in the annual report.
• Schedule, supervise, and coordinate reservations for the Fitness Center, Group Exercise Studio, and Spin Studio.
• Update equipment inventory logs for all program areas as needed.
• Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Facilities and Operations, on the maintenance of the fitness program areas and equipment. Recommend improvements or renovations for program areas.
• Assist the Director in the development, revision and implementation of policies and procedures
• Prepare goals and objectives for Fitness programs that align with national trends and comply with regulations and industry standards.
Personnel Development & Risk Management (15%)
• Assist the Director of Campus Recreation in the recruitment, training, mentoring and evaluation of group fitness instructors and personal trainers.
• Provide recommendations for workshops that provide certifications and continuing credits for fitness staff and other instructors in the community.
• Verify certification of all fitness instructors and personal trainers.
• Prepare and manage schedules for group exercise instructors and personal trainers.
• Assist with training fitness staff on policies and operational procedures.
• Provide staff team building opportunities for skill development, brainstorming, and to effectively communicate updates concerning pertinent area, departmental and/or
University matters. Facility Management and Operations (5%)
• Monitor entire ARCC facility and provide support to student employees• Assist with daily procedures and operations such as issuing guest passes and collecting fees and program Updated 7-13-22registration forms• Provide facility tours and program information to students, potential students and families, and members.
• Experience in recreation, physical education, sports administration, or related field.
• Current nationally recognized Group Exercise and Personal Training certifications such as ACE, NASM, AFAA NETA, NSCA, ACSM
• Current nationally recognized CPR/AED/First Aid certification
• Scheduling and personnel supervision experience
• Knowledge of specific program area
• Knowledge of privacy and risk management standards and protocols
• Strong customer service skills
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual vacation, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary’s University, retirement program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule. Competitive salary commensurate to experience.