Parking Services Officer (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req11031
Department: Parking and Transportation
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona's Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) department is seeking qualified candidates to fill their Parking Services Officer position. This role will provide essential services and access to students, faculty, staff and campus guests. The Parking Services Officer position will assist the Parking Services Manager with enforcement on parking regulations and deliver front line customer service, enforcement and traffic control using a variety of equipment to maintain access to all parking facilities. This position also assists other department teams by enabling successful revenue control and execution of large scale public and private events on campus throughout the year. They will also submit routine incident reports to capture and document property damage to the university by motorist.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and enforces PTS parking regulations throughout campus to ensure daily access for students, staff, faculty and guests.
- Issues citations and parking fees.
- Delivers high quality, front-facing customer service to students, faculty, staff and guests aimed at providing consistent, reliable information and assistance to customers.
- Conducts planned and/or short-notice traffic control to facilitate access and reduce traffic congestion for parking facilities during large scale events on campus.
- Extreme Heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for more than an hour.
- Lifting/moving up to 30 pounds often
- Lifting/moving up to 50 pounds rarely
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to drive according to the UniversityFleet Safety Policy.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $15.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Parking & Transportation
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 4
Contact Information for Candidates
Human Resources & Organizational Development Manager
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.