Research Technician II
Posting Number: req11095
Department: UAHS Brain Science
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Center for Innovation in Brain Science (CIBS) is an exciting research nexus at the University of Arizona cultivating collaborations and providing expertise in the area of translational neuroscience. The Faculty in CIBS conduct cutting-edge research primarily related to four specific age-related neurodegenerative disorders - Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
Dr. Kathleen Rodgers is currently seeking a Research Technician II to participate in day-to-day operations supporting cell culture activities, data analysis, sterilization and general equipment maintenance. The successful candidate will be organized and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performance of basic laboratory protocol studies, including basic calculations and data analysis
- Accurate and reliable record keeping including database management, batch records, notebooks (physical/electronic)
- Sterile preparation of laboratory glassware, tools, and reagents
- Performance of general laboratory tasks, including maintenance of equipment
- Animal handling and testing
- Conduct of assays with animal tissues
- Participation in lab wide studies
- Organization of planned experiments
- Preparation of cells to meet the demands of multiple concurrent projects
- Participation in cell culture experience and data reporting
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
Preferred Qualifications- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or any relevant area of scientific training with 3 years relevant work experience
* Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and CIBS policies
* Experience using basic laboratory equipment and carrying out our routine laboratory tasks; knowledge of safe laboratory procedures
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85 - $19.45
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Laura deSteiger | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.