Posting Number: req11091
Department: TV Production Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Arizona Public Media is looking for an Traffic Assistant to join the TV Programming Team. This position is responsible for accurate data entry in program spreadsheets and Protrack; maintaining records, program offers, contracts, insertion orders, and agreements; maintaining the Protrack database, program scheduling, reconciliation and maintenance of daily TV and radio program logs in compliance with FCC rules and regulations and AZPM guidelines. Implement program changes, send listings, and coordinate messaging in-house and with other PTV personnel with information and delivery of original AZPM programming. Assist with e-name entry and reporting duties.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate Excel templates for the monthly program schedules for PBS 6 and PBS 6 PLUS.
- Assist with reporting activities per Program Director instruction.s
- Assist with monthly TV program highlights meeting documents and messaging.
- Assist with insertion orders.
- Assign media IDs and create metadata in Protrack.
- Enter advance schedules into Program Excel spreadsheets when advance grids and week by weeks are published.
- Enter program data into advance program grids per Program Director instructions.
- Follow-up on program resources, rights, usage dates, carriage, highlights, program offers, disclaimers, etc.
- Database management in Protrack; Prolink updates, coding, rights, etc.
- Log generation, fill breaks, export, and reconciliation.
- Schedule programming in Protrack per Program Director instructions.
- Send monthly and local listings, and program change information.
- E-name entry and submission.
- Retrieve & print pledge formats, update the pledge binder for Master Control Operators.
- Flight IO's and interstitial materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow through.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and take initiative.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- High-level computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Access databases and Outlook.
- Ability to interact effectively with all types of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, on the phone, and via email with the general public, donors, members, and staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Experience using excel, creating spreadsheets.
- Experience with data entry.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85 - $19.45 per hour, DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.