Assistant Dean of Clinical Affairs of Nursing (req21057)
Employment Type: Faculty
College of Nursing (AFD)
College of Nursing
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The Assistant Dean, Clinical Affairs is the leader responsible for overseeing the clinical placement functions at the College of Nursing (CON). This includes recruitment of clinical partners and responsibility for establishing and executing clinical contracts related to student clinical rotations. Oversee and manages the Clinical Affairs Staff. Reporting directly to the Executive vice Dean and is expected to perform with a high level of responsibility and independence.
The Clinical Affairs Office works collaboratively with administration, academic directors, faculty, and students to ensure all students have a productive clinical experience. The office is responsible for recruiting appropriate clinical placement sites within the greater New Mexico area and collaborating to recruit appropriate clinical placement sites outside the Albuquerque region for rural healthcare experiences. Responsibilities include ensuring all appropriate agreements are in place and agency requirements are met for students' rotations within and external to University of New Mexico. This includes negotiating agreements with agencies throughout the United States and occasionally overseas. Ensuring student compliance to meet state, school, and clinical site requirements.
This is a leadership position, which includes active role with Dean's leadership group; commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, interprofessional and community engagement. This position provides a vital role in the development of nursing students in clinical programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as facilitate a culture of effective mentorship. The incumbent is expected to engage in teaching, maintain an active program of scholarship, and service with a consistent record of funding support appropriate for faculty at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor (clinical educators or tenure track).
- Monitoring the clinical phase of the curriculum to ensure continuous compliance with accreditation standards.
- Oversight of clinical education to ensure sufficient and effective student rotations for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Identify opportunities to increase the CON's clinical footprint by enhancing and expanding the number and types of placements throughout New Mexico area through outreach and marketing activities.
- Preparation of clinical placement data reports at the end of each academic term, annually, and ad hoc.
- Promote scholarly activity in clinical education and simulation
- Responsible for all aspects of the multi-site nursing simulation programs
- Manage and evaluate Clinical Affairs staff including clinical operations, simulation, contracted clinical services, and preceptor engagement
- Facilitate an environment that supports student, staff, and faculty diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Maintain open interactions and availability to students
The University of New Mexico College of Nursing
The University Of New Mexico College of Nursing, located in Albuquerque, NM, ranks in the top 15% of nursing programs in the country. With over 1,000 enrolled students, the college offers pre- and post-licensure baccalaureate, master's, post-master's, and doctoral programs. Program offerings include the state's premiere Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs; master's and post-master's programs across seven concentrations for APRNs, nurse educators, and nurse administrators; and the New Mexico Nurse Education Consortium baccalaureate curriculum.
Our faculty engage in innovative teaching, research and clinical scholarship to understand and address the health care needs among our most vulnerable populations. As a College of Nursing at a research-intensive, federally designated Hispanic-serving institution situated on indigenous lands, we benefit both from the manifold opportunities and from the responsibilities we carry. Consistent with our mission, vision, and values, we strive to openly support and deeply respect our diverse students, staff, and faculty. We expect our faculty to benefit from and contribute to an inclusive environment that facilitates equity in research, scholarship, service, education, and practice.
The University of New Mexico is New Mexico's flagship R1 research intensive institution occupying nearly 800 acres near historic Route 66 in the heart of Albuquerque, a metropolitan area of more than 929,000 people. The College of Nursing is part of a vibrant HS, which includes New Mexico's only Level-1 Trauma Center. The HSC provides and exceptional education for more than 1,500 students each year in 21 different health fields. The HSC is known for innovative research with more than $165 Million in extramural research funding. The HSC has an established Clinical & Translational Science Center that provides extensive opportunities and resources to support collaborative research in a variety of interest areas. The University of New Mexico offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package.Qualifications
* A PhD or related doctorate
* Must be eligible for rank of Associate Professor or Professor
* Must be eligible for nursing licensure in New Mexico
* Leadership experience in clinical nursing education
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE)
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
To receive full consideration please include:
1.) Cover Letter that includes your brief statement of commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
2.) Curriculum Vitae
3.) List of three professional references with one being the most current employer including name, telephone number, and e-mail address.
References will be checked at final stage of considerationFor Best Consideration
For best consideration, please apply by 8/27/2022. This position will remain open until filled.