Administrative Support Assistant III
Posting Number: req11070
Department: CAPLA Administration
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the Program Coordinator position (Administrative Support Assistant III) for the CAPLA Advancement Team. This position will assist as a point of contact for development-related inquiries and provide a high level of customer service to the constituents. The person in this position will also acknowledge gifts and prepare routine electronic reports, update donor records to ensure data integrity, handle print and electronic correspondence, schedule meetings and events, and assist with data documentation associated with donor-related activities and events. The selected candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, judgment, and discretion. A high degree of computer and database proficiency, attention to detail, creativity and initiative are crucial to success in this position. This position will support the Director of Development, Director of the Drachman Institute, Associate Dean of Research, and Marketing and Communication Director.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative office support for theDirector of Development, Drachman Institute and Research.
- Monitor and accurately process gift and development event acknowledgments with detail and personalization.
- Maintain college stewardship plan, bi-weekly giftacknowledgment letters, and systematization of department reports.
- Maintain development materials and websites.
- Regularly perform data entry and other development-related documentation including:
- Compiling mailing lists for donor/prospect communication.
- Compiling guest lists for development events, activities, awards, and recognition.
- Flexible in responding quickly and positively to shiftingdemands and opportunities.
in providing research profiles for prospect meetings,post-visit
follow-ups and processes Conduct Private Foundation Research and keep
portal up to date in coordination with Associate Dean of Research and
- Conduct basic research to identify potential
donors and update Records in the constituent database according to
o Write draft alumni/industry partner/sponsor profiles
o Write draft foundation proposals in coordination withDrachman/Research and Director of Development
o Participate in outreach activities as related to CAPLA and Drachman
o Coordinate dissemination of contracts with UADP and ERAS
- Partner with UA Foundation Annual Giving Office asappropriate to coordinate material for annual giving campaigns.
- Support online giving opportunities and UA Cares fundraising campaign.
- Accurately process Advancement Team financial transactions including:
o Expenses and charges
o Unit financial reporting in coloration with other staff
- Assist with metrics reporting related to monitoring development efforts including:
o Monthly gifts and endowments
o Monitoring Development unit actual-to-budget activity
- Respond promptly and cordially to general donor inquiries via phone, mail and email.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Occasionally work a flexible schedule including
evenings and weekends, as needed forDonor and special events.
- Required to attend
events outside of CAPLA to assist the Director of Development, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (primarilyWord, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- College or foundation development experience.
- Previous experience working with non-profit organizations and/or higher education.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar donor databases and Financial Edge application.
- Experience with UA and UA Foundation policies and guidelines.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.00 - $20.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.