Instructional Faculty, Geospatial Technology & Program Coordinator
Clark State College serves more than 6,500 students throughout the College's four campus locations in Springfield, Beavercreek and Bellefontaine, and Xenia Ohio as well as our extensive offering of online classes. Clark State strives to facilitate a culture that recognizes, embraces, and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
A full-time, 9-month, instructional faculty position in the GIS/Geospatial Technology program is available beginning August 12, 2022. The successful candidate will use a learner-centered approach to teaching that incorporates active learning strategies and techniques to enhance student learning.
The successful candidate will also have a strong team and interpersonal skills. Primary duties include in-person classroom and online teaching; curriculum and course development; student academic advising; assessment of student learning; program promotion and student recruitment; and participation in college-wide initiatives. Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position reports to the Dean in the School of Business and Applied Technologies located at the Springfield Leffel Lane main campus.
Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position reports to the Dean in the School of Business and Applied Technologies located at the Springfield Leffel Lane main campus. The duties of a faculty member include the following, though jobs vary and change based on the needs of each academic program.
The duties of a faculty member include the following, though jobs vary and change based on the needs of each academic program:
Successful teaching in a learner-centered environment requires knowledge as well as the ability to design, implement, manage, and assess courses taught in a variety of instructional modes. Each faculty member is required to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the subject area(s)
- Use instructional and discipline specific technology
- Design courses that effectively meet student and curricular needs
- Accommodate students with varying backgrounds and learning styles
- Develop and use syllabi within College/School guidelines
- Deliver course content successfully
- Participate in the assessment of student learning and program review
- Manage courses ensuring students receive regular feedback and college reports are submitted in a timely fashion
- Meet all classes or provide appropriate alternatives
- Provide external support for students and through cooperation with student services offices
- Maintain professional relationships with students
Professional Growth 14-32%
As a professional educator, the faculty member shall continue to grow and develop as an educator and as a member of the profession through formal and/or informal activities, which increase knowledge and enhance teaching ability.
Service to the College and Community 14-32%
As a member of a learning community, faculty members are expected to contribute to the life of the College. Their activities advance the goals and image of one’s program, School, and the College as a whole. All faculty are required to:
- Participate in scheduled institutional meetings and activities
- Participate in program and College accreditation, curriculum development, and program assessment
- Assist in the formulation of school objectives and goals
- Serve on at least one faculty or All-College Committee annually (after the first year of hire)
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to student and institutional need
- Participate in student and/or community activities that foster goodwill and promote the mission of the College
- Assist in the articulation of courses and programs with secondary and post- secondary institutions
- Maintain collegial relationships with other college personnel
Salary: $55,000 annually
Clark State College strives to provide our eligible employees with industry-leading benefits at a competitive cost.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-Term Disability
- Basic Life/AD&D-Group
- Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Benefits Broker
- State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS)
- School Employees' Retirement System (SERS)
- Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation
- 403 (b) & 457 (b)
- Tuition Reimbursement/Institutional Fee Benefit
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume/vitae, employment application and copies of transcripts formatted in PDF or Microsoft Word online at:https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/clarkstate/jobs/3320840/instructional-faculty-geospatial-technology-program-coordinator?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Please provide at least three professional references. Personal references will not be contacted.