Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota invites candidates to apply for a full time 3-year, annually renewable, fixed-term 9-month faculty position on the Winona Campus. This position will teach courses in general areas of education, foundations of education, methods courses for elementary teachers, capstone, advanced literature, etc. This position will teach an average of 24 credit hours per contract year which includes fall, spring, and summer course offerings and also complete various administrative responsibilities as it relates to teacher licensure. This role includes the responsibility of the supervision of student teachers in both the Undergraduate Teacher Education Program and the Master of Arts in Teaching program in the School of Education.
- Teach courses in general areas of education, foundations of education, methods courses for elementary teachers, capstone, advanced literature, etc.
- Supervise student teachers in both the Undergraduate Teacher Education Program and the Master of Arts in Teaching program in the School of Education
- Collaborate with Dean and School of Education colleagues to ensure successful Program Effectiveness Report for Continuing Approval (PERCA) submissions and continuous Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) approval process.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills and Functions:
- Be collaborative in nature, and be expected to be a full participant in department meetings and university functions.
- Have knowledge of how to apply research-based best practices in education to serve the needs of future teachers and students they will serve.
- Have a strong record of excellence in teaching, learning, and leadership.
- Have a record of teaching that supports a learner-centered approach to education.
- Support the Lasallian Catholic mission of the University.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and communications at all levels of the organization.
- Observe safety guidelines and follows safety procedures established by the university.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Master’s in Education or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of teaching in a K12 school setting.
- Evidence of advanced graduate coursework related to Reading as stated in MN Rule.
- Current teaching license in elementary education, however other valid K12 teaching license experience will be reviewed.
- May consider other acceptable equivalent combinations of training and experience.
Apply online at https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities or click here and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary’s offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.