Assistant Director, Retail Services
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 246784
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for the day-to-day oversight and supervision of various Campus Services units including the convenience stores, and Talon Express, a multi-service center providing student mail services, retail print shop and student copiers, and a custom production print shop. Serves as the direct manager for assigned areas and staff.
1. Prioritizes and manages the timely production and delivery of print jobs and ensures that all team members are coordinated in their efforts to meet customer expectations in the Talon Express retail space and production facility
2. Executes operational and marketing plans to achieve merchandise sales, gross margin, and expense targets in Talon Express, the student copier fleet, and The Market
3. Operates printing equipment and performs print production tasks as needed
4. Provides leadership by seeking new markets and business opportunities for Talon Express and The Market, including additional student services, new brands or vendors, e-commerce opportunities, and evolving delivery needs
5. Assists assigned teams with establishing needs, hiring, and training new student staff as needed
6. Ensures that assigned teams are maintaining safe work practices, clean work areas, and operating in an environment of cooperation and teamwork, with specific loss prevention, inventory control, safety, and maintenance responsibilities
7. Oversees the management, storage, and distribution of merchandise to various locations
8. Partners with department leadership, UITS, and vendors to ensure all systems and programs work as designed, including Transact, print management, inventory control, and POS systems
9. Works with Campus Postal Services department and leaders to ensure student mail service center and Print Shop are maintained and profitable while ensuring that student mail and parcels are delivered efficiently
10. Assists with the creation and oversight of the department's annual budgets and Five-Year Business Plans
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of
relevant education and/or experience
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Four (4) years of relevant work experience including two (2) years of relevant supervisory experience
Prior experience working with college students in a university
Previous experience working in machine vending, or marketplace setting
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to foster a cooperative work environment
Able to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Experience with new business development, store design and floor plan management, warehouse and facility upkeep and organization.
Successful track record in planning, coordinating, and completing large scale, detail-oriented projects and events in partnership with staff, faculty, administrators, and students
Experience with empowerment of students and creative educational programming
Previous college retail experience at a large University, preferably with multiple retail locations
Experience with inventory control and point-of-sale systems and procedures.
Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Analytical thinking and creative skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Credit Report
- Position of Trust + Education & DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=246784&PostingSeq=1