MindFit Psychologist - WVU MindFit
West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for a psychologist to work within the highly innovative MindFit Program.
About the Opportunity
The primary responsibilities of this position - which reports to the Director of WVU MindFit - include the provision of psychoeducational assessment (2 per week on average) and Cognitive Enhancement services to students of West Virginia University. No prior experience in the provision of cognitive enhancement is required; training and supervision will be provided. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $88,000 depending on level of experience. The position is a 12 month, benefits-eligible position.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year, and the flexibility to use that time to care for immediate family members
- WVU offers a range ofhealth insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match,eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking formore retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What You'll Do
- Providepsychoeducational assessment and cognitive enhancement services, including neurofeedback and cognitive training services, to students of West Virginia University with diverse presenting concerns.
- Conductintake evaluations, assessments, triages, and referrals to appropriate departments and resources within and outside of West Virginia University.
- Provideconsultation and outreach to clients and their families, WVU faculty/staff, and the university community.
- Complete required center documentation on an electronic health record system and quality assurances activities including routine monitoring and management of student service compliance (i.e., missed appointments, cancellations, etc) in accordance with agency policies and state and federal regulations.
- Attendcase conference, committees, task forces, and other meetings related to the mission of the unit.
- Provideclinical supervision to trainees and facilitates didactic seminars on a variety of clinical or professional topics.
- Administrate the clinical responsibilities of the WVU MindFit Center assessment and cognitive enhancement services.
- Assist in the oversight of LD/ADHD testing services, as well as MindFit screenings, treatment, and related outreach and promotional programs.
- Developpartnership and cooperative agreements with the WVU Office of Accessibility Services and other relevant stakeholders in support of the academic goals of WVU students.
- Assist with training and supervision of student trainees to conduct screening, assessment, and treatment services (including weekly didactics).
- Preparetimely narrative and statistical reports of all activities for use in the evaluation of clinical services offered/delivered and their effectiveness; compiles data to analyze/identify risks, trends, and gaps in service.
- Monitor, evaluate, and keepinformed of evolving standards of practice within the ADHD treatment field and keeps abreast of pertinent regulations, laws, publications, and information.
- Completed doctoral degree in Counseling, Counseling, or School Psychology (Ph.D., Ed.D., or Psy.D.). The Dictionary of Occupational Titles lists specific vocational preparation of Level 8: over 4 years and up to 10 years.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a psychologist.
- Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to proficiently conduct, document, and evaluate individual psychoeducationalassessment, crisis intervention, and consultation/outreach with a college-aged population.
- Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to provide multiculturally-sensitive services.
- Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to proficiently conduct and evaluate supervision and training.
- Ability to utilize an electronic health record system.
- Ability to conduct assessments of Learning Disorders, AD/HD, and other disorders that impact learning/achievement.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and organizational skills required to develop and maintain policies, procedures, and clinical delivery systems.
- Leader and team player to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary unit.
- Psychologist License in the State of West Virginia (to satisfy West Virginia State law regarding the independent practice of psychology), or license eligible in the State of West Virginia (must obtain WV State License within 6 months of employment).
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 26, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes