Patron Services Part-Time Moss
Part-Time Patron Services positions perform a variety of customer service and administrative tasks in support of events at the Moss Arts Center. Typical work may include box office staffing, ushering, and/or visual arts gallery supervision. Positions require strong customer service and interpersonal skills, evening and weekend availability, punctuality, and good computer skills.
Responsibilities may include:
- Answer patron questions about performances, ticketing processes, performance seating, gallery exhibits; engage and assist patrons as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to patrons with special accommodation needs.
- Consult departmental managers promptly for efficient and attentive problem resolution.
- Process ticket sales, ticket distribution, and ticket scanning according to established procedures.
- Conduct box office and/or theater opening and closing procedures as directed.
- Track attendance, perform minor upkeep tasks, and report equipment and building maintenance issues as needed.
- Process cash, checks, and credit cards in accordance with departmental and university procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patron transactions and interactions.
- Assist with patron emergencies and building evacuations as needed.
- Monitor patron movement and displays to minimize risk to persons and property.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Proven record of punctuality.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Performing arts theater experience.
- Experience using automated ticketing systems.
Minimum Salary: $15.00 per hour
Applications reviewed as received.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Toni Carteeat email@example.com regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.