Business Coordinator (Administrative Operations Professional I)
Posting Number: req11068
Department: Social & Behavioral Sci Admin
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona's College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) is seeking enthusiastic candidates for the position of Administrative Operations Professional I (Coordinator, Business). The successful candidate(s) will provide business support to Department Heads, Directors and Principle Investigators by performing finance, budgeting, and human resource transactions. They will apply general business theory and principles in the daily operations of a College of Social and Behavioral Science business center. The position(s) will work with Business Administrators in a Business Center to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance and within established policies, procedures, and priorities. These position dual reports to the business center lead and the college Assistant Dean of Business-Finance.
Business personnel in the College of SBS work to provide excellent business support to administrators, faculty, staff, and students. They work independently and collaboratively to provide top-notch business management and customer service. They can demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task working both independently and in a team environment
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work with business center staff to perform day-to-day business functions including, but not limited to, disbursements, account maintenance and reconciliation, procurement, fund transfers, and purchasing card transactions.
- Complete personnel hiring, job and employee data changes and human resource transactions.
- Provide specialized or general analysis support of accounting functions mainly in Accounts Payable, Payroll, and distribution of costs to grants and general budgets.
- Review monthly analytical reports of university account expenditures and prepare any corrections needed to update financial reports.
- Coordinate and prepare UA Foundation financial forms and documentation.
- Reconcile and prepare reports on budgeted funding related to unit initiatives.
- Main consultant to departmental employees on documentation required for processing general accounting transactions within UAccess Financials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of relevant work experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $23.00 - $24.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.