Information Security Solutions Architect (Information Security Analyst IV)
Posting Number: req10598
Department: The UofA BookStores
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1209 E University Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The University of Arizona Business Affairs Auxiliary Services is looking to add a talented IT Professional to join their team. As an Information Security Solutions Architect (Information Security Analyst IV), you will transform systems, provide creative ideas for technical problems, and constantly look for ways to make improvements in our computing environment.
If you are a self-directed and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, good teamwork skills and easily adaptable to a fast-paced and changing business environment, we welcome your application!
The University of Arizona Business Affairs Auxiliary Services is committed to creating and delivering an environment that promotes and advances teaching, learning and research. Working collaboratively and cooperatively across organizational boundaries we design, implement, and support a wide variety of solutions that improve and streamline operations and meets the needs of our organization.
This position will work on-site. There will be a rotating on-call shift with the other IT Staff to cover all hours of operations for the Business Affairs Auxiliary Services.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Architects, manages and oversees all aspects of computing environment. This includes network infrastructure, servers, enterprise applications, audio video systems and all specialty research systems.
- Provides leadership and guidance on information security topics, developing, advising, and collaborating on security processes, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans.
- Monitors, documents, and reports information system changes to ensure compliance with FERPA, PCI, and relevant regulations.
- Oversees development of a college incident tracking system to ensure privacy and security incidents are documented, reported, and addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensures information security concerns are integrated into college business strategies, requirements, and projects.
- Periodically reviews the college security control set and oversee introduction and implementation of new security tools and platforms.
- Develops and executes the security education and communication strategy for the college.
- Reports information security program status to senior leadership as appropriate, to include an annual enterprise risk assessment.
- Establishes metrics and reporting framework to measure the efficiency, effectiveness, and maturity level of the security program.
- Monitors external threat environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
- Serves as the primary information security liaison with the Information Security Office, the University Privacy Program Office, and other regulatory entities.
- Conducts, manages and reviews regular vulnerability scans and logs and assign remediation tasks.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of networking, security and compliance, operations, firewalls, VPN etc.
- Ability to manage all aspects of the Business Affairs Auxiliary Services AWS cloud environment.
- Ability to determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions.
- Ability to develop and engineer network configurations to support the unique needs of Business Affairs Auxiliary Services computing environment.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks/guidelines, such as ISO/IEC 27001 and the NIST SP 800 series.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements/standards, including but not limited to: FERPA, PCI, and other relevant compliance standards.
- Willingness to work on-call in the event of a security breech or other emergency.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as the ability to take independent initiative when needed.
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Customer-oriented mindset in delivering service.
- Open-minded and positive altitude to work.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience with high availability, disaster recovery, and data replication solutions.
- Deep understanding and hands-on professional experience with the following Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, Distributed File System, DNS, group policies, IIS, Exchange, and SQL Server.
- Advanced understanding and experience with Microsoft Hyper-V technologies, P2V/V2V migration, template building and VM configuration.
- Hands on experience with PowerShell and/or VBS Scripting.
- Hands on experience with programming language such as PHP, Java, HTML5, etc.
- Experience managing backup software.
- Working knowledge and experience in most of technology areas such as, windows, Linux, IOS, web, and application development.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $89,740 - $122,495
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
HR Services Representative
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.