Postdoctoral Researcher, Office of Undergraduate Research
Kennesaw State University
Other Science Faculty
Job ID: 245123
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's college . We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high- impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Postdoctoral Researchers support teams of KSU faculty and students (undergraduate and graduate students), which engage with external collaborators from other universities, community members, government agencies, and/or private sector entities to stimulate innovation, capacity-building, and sustainability of research and scholarly activity at KSU.
1. Plans and executes experimental activities, data analyses, submission of reports or of manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications, and/or attendance and presentation of research findings at appropriate venues of dissemination.
2. Develops and contributes to new ideas for research proposals and directions within the research group.
3. Develops an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in collaboration with faculty mentor
4. Generates revenue by securing grants and participates in departmental and institutional career development programs, such as grant writing workshops
5. Prepares project budget and ensures funded project operates within budget guidelines
6. Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with institutional policies, and federal, state and local regulations
7. Establishes working relationships and cooperative arrangements with internal and external partners
8. Engages in research and publication
9. Responsible for teaching qualified courses and may include lecture and/or laboratory components, as assigned
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts research on undergraduate research experiences at KSU, particularly coursebased undergraduate research experiences (CUREs)
2. Manages independent research projects in agreement and collaboration with the Principal Investigator
3. Coordinates and conducts interviews, focus groups, and surveys with key constituents at KSU who are involved in undergraduate research (students, faculty, staff, administrators)
4. Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data
5. Presents and publishes preliminary data
6. Contributes to writing of scientific publications and grant applications
7. Helps supervise and mentor undergraduate student researchers
Ph.D. from an accredited institution of higher education
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Supervising others (per career ladder)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously to meet assigned deadlines
Demonstrated ability to carry out independent and collaborative research on a team of faculty and students with the ability to meet deliverables and milestones
Demonstrated creative and proactive approach towards problem solving
Knowledge of and experience in general analytical methods development and good analytical practices
Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
Outstanding proposal and paper writing skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Refer to the department specific Research Addendum for additional KSA information
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=245123&PostingSeq=1