Associate Director of Financial Aid (100989)
Job Category: Education
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, this position is responsible for financial aid operations and compliance serving the University's undergraduate population of students. The Associate Director will also assist students and families with all processes associated with financial aid; oversee fund balance audits and recommend action when necessary; design strategies for fund analysis and research, manage fund administration workflows, and maintain and ensure donor intent and all aspects of gift processing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:*
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Financial Aid department.
- Serve as financial aid compliance manager responsible for adherence to applicable regulations.
- Manage all aspects of a student financial aid caseload, including counseling students and parents, determining financial need, file review and awarding of all types of students (incoming, transfer, returning, graduate, continuing education, etc.) for a set caseload.
- Work closely with the Institutional Advancement department on the distribution and application of endowed gifts; responsible for data reporting of endowed awards.
- Responsible for Federal Work Study fund reconciliation; work with Student Employment Coordinator and ensure compliance in the management of the program.
- Assist with the processing of federal, state, and private loan programs.
- Provide information to staff on changes to alternative loan programs and the participation of the university in such programs.
- Remain current on applicable federal and state regulations and best practices.
- Attend professional meetings and seminars to remain current on regulations.
- Participate in Regis College functions and represent the University in virtual and on-campus events.
- Center for Student Services responsibilities include:
- Provide timely and accurate information to students/parents who contact Student Services.
- Maintain confidentiality of students as directed under FERPA and distribute appropriate forms to faculty and students.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Duties require knowledge of financial aid processes and procedures equivalent to completion of a Bachelor's degree and professional experience and knowledge of all financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of financial aid regulations and use of Federal Student Aid websites including COD, NSLDS and SAIG.
- Considerable knowledge of student financial aid need analysis.
- Strong administrative and technical skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and/or MS 365, Zoom and/or MS Teams, with knowledge of database applications.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills with an ability to listen to and process issues in an unbiased manner and make sound recommendations; ability to handle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment and work independently, to work with integrity, maintain strict confidentiality, and provide stellar customer service while adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and effective presentation skills for conducting training sessions virtually and in-person.
- Ability to uphold the University's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- Team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to establish positive relations and interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Financial Aid Counselor position(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Regis College's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- May use computer keyboards requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- Involves occasional evening and weekend work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Protecting the Regis Community
At Regis the safety of our campus community is our highest priority. We invite all applicants to review our health and safety protocols at our COVID-19 Updates page. The most powerful measure we can take is vaccination, and all campus community members must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster against COVID-19, with the exception of certain medical and religious exemptions. New employees without an approved medical or religious exemption are required to have their first vaccine dose by their date of hire. And all new employees will join the campus community in using the CoVerified app to upload vaccine information, report symptoms, and schedule regular campus COVID tests. We're in this together!
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.