HR Assistant III (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
Posting Number: req10542
Department: Human Resources
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona Division of Human Resources in partnership with the college and departments invite HR Professionals to apply for the position of Human Resource Assistant III. Multiple opportunities exist for experienced HR Assistants, both in the central office and within colleges and departments. All opportunities include responsibility for coordinating, entering, and monitoring HRIS transactions related to employment, compensation, leave administration, performance management, career development. It's a team approach that supports fulfilling the University's purpose to continuously improve how we educate and innovate so we can lead the way in developing adaptive problem-solvers capable of tackling our greatest challenges.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is data entry in the HRIS (UAccess Employee) and on behalf of the Client Services Team's clients, including new employment transactions, employment and compensation change transactions, and separation transactions. Ensure complete and correct documentation is included with all system transactions entered and in employee records for all phases of employment including leaves, performance management and career development.
- Act as the managing hub of documentation for HRIS related transactions, including but not limited to, performance management, career development, service year records, and off-boarding for the Unit or College supported by the Client Services Team. Act as Service Award Coordinator for client's employees.
- Provide assistance with and answer basic employee questions for applicant searches, benefits, and career development. Serve as leaves and retirement coordinator in connection with Central HR for the units or colleges supported by the Client Services Team.
- Supports ATS (Talent) systems process as well as Handshake (student job board) as needed by assisting the creation of job postings, offer letters, and support for scheduling for talent searches and on-boarding.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Experience working in Human Resources.
- Experience working with HRIS and ATS systems.
- Experience working at the University of Arizona.
- Experience Working with UAccess and Talent.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: 18.30+ DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload resume and cover letter as one document in the resume attachment section.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.