Posting Number: req10601
Department: Disability Psychoeduc Studies
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Department of Disability and Psychoeducational Studies (DPS) in the College of Education (COE) is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, innovative individual to fill the Program Coordinator (Administrative Support Assistant II) position and join our Program Coordinator and Administrative Team.
The ideal candidate will exhibit attention to detail with excellent writing and verbal communication skills. The ability to work independently with strengths in organization and problem-solving are essential. This position will provide support for DPS programs, Directors and Chairs.
The Department of Disability and Psychoeducational Studies offers nationally recognized undergraduate, master's, educational specialist, and doctoral-level degrees. Our degrees prepare teachers, counselors, specialists, administrators, school psychologists, school counselors, and researchers and educators in special education, rehabilitation, school psychology, gifted education, sign language and deaf studies, and educational interpreting.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for DPS programs, Directors, and Chairs.
- Organize program events such as faculty retreats and student orientations.
- Manage the scheduling and organization of student admissions interviews.
- Provide support with recruitment, SLATE.
- Maintain records and documentation to support programs accreditations and funding.
- Assist with room and course scheduling and student enrollment.
- Manage the program financial transactions including but not limited to independent contractor payments, PCard purchasing and reconciliations, purchase orders, reimbursements, travel authorizations, and travel reimbursements.
- Collaborate with our administrative team, which is comprised of the Fiscal Accountant, Business Manager, Department Head, Lead Program Coordinator, Program Coordinators and Student Workers.
- Stay current in knowledge of Department, College of Education, UA and policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Attend College, Department, Program, and Staff meetings.
- Assist with College of Education Convocation.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, strategic, but flexible and able to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities as needed.
- Ability to work independently, appropriately seeking help or asking questions, when needed.
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook), Adobe, and Zoom.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- At least three years of relevant experience with the University of Arizona.
- Experience with University of Arizona systems such as: UAccess Student, UAccess Employee, UAccess Analytics, and UAccess Financials.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively working
- Experience with UArizona policies and procedures
- Experience with Grad App & Grad Path
- Experience with SLATE
- Experience in Higher Education
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.