Research Professional II (Extended Temporary)
Posting Number: req10581
Department: Mexican American Studies
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The individual selected for this position will work in collaboration with other members of an evaluation and programmatic team to conduct community-based program evaluations and/or research projects. This is a University of Arizona position that is funded annually through external grants and contracts. This benefits-eligible position will be filled by one successful candidate at 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week). The FTE can be negotiated at the time of the hire.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position will support and conduct work related to community-based
program evaluation and/or research projects. The ideal candidate will design,
organize, manage and carry out multi levels of research. The duties and
responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to statistical
analysis, manuscript preparation, conducting and writing literature reviews,
and participate and support all aspects of data collection and dataset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and present reports and papers, understandable to a broad range of readers.
- Bachelor degree in a field providing the
expertise necessary to perform the duties.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in social science research.
- Experience with basic statistical analysis procedures such as T-tests, ANOVA
and/or experience with qualitative data analysis.
- Bilingual is preferred as you may be asked to conduct consenting procedures and data collection in both English and Spanish.
- Master's degree in a social science or other appropriate field providing the expertise necessary to perform the duties.
- Experience with commonly used data management and statistical packages, including SPSS, NVivo, RefWorks or Endnotes.
- Experience in program evaluation, data management, including systematic organization and merging of related datasets.
- Experience with advanced statistical analyses such as HLM or SEM.
- Experience in grant writing.
FLSA: To Be Determined
Full Time/Part Time: To be Determined
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20 - 40
Job FTE: .50 - 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $47,735 - $51,000
Compensation Type: To Be Determined
Career Stream and Level
Researchers & Scientists
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Expected End Date: 9/30/2023
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.