Administrative Support Assistant II
Posting Number: req10575
Department: Disability Resource Center
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1224 E Lowell Street, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The Administrative Support Assistant provides administrative and clerical assistance to the business manager and adaptive athletics staff. The Administrative Support Assistant will have primary responsibility of maintaining/updating institutional policies and procedure, preparing documents/reports, compiling records, analyzing data and composing correspondence, scheduling meetings, organizing and maintaining both student and staff personnel records and coordinating work flow. The Administrative Support Assistant should be flexible, forward thinking, and adaptable.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciles departmental purchasing card expenses for departmental Adaptive Athletics, Disability Resources and IT pcards
- Responsible for accounts receivables/accounts payable. Duties include billing, monitoring of payment action for collection, problem resolution and payment of services provided to the department
- Prepares travel documents, reconciles travel advances upon employees return and reimbursements for DRC personnel
- Prepares staff reimbursements, payments to vendors using foundation forms and accounts.
- Responsible for preparing deposits/transfers for UA/UA Foundation accounts
- Prepares independent contractor forms and subsequent payments; creates new vendors and sets up purchase orders at the beginning of the fiscal year and throughout
- Serves as Building Manager, including maintaining key file records, scheduling maintenance/custodial requests and managing alarm/door lock
- Provides guidance and assistance as needed to staff and students on policies, practices and procedures
- May serve as a back-up as needed to follow up on work requests, and departmental staff supply orders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment, and flexibility within established guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience working in a Higher Education setting
- Experience with UAF and University financial services procedure and systems (UAccess, etc.) or equivalent.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: 20.19
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.