Manager, Web Content
Posting Number: req10272
Department: Social & Behavioral Sci Admin
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is accepting applications for a Web Content Manager to join the SBS Marketing & Communication team. The Website Content Manager will handle oversight, production and delivery of content on SBS websites and other channels, ensuring that it meets both user needs and SBS strategic goals. This position works in concert with the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications and the SBS Dean's Office, academic units, and research centers in planning, creating, and maintaining content, as well as partnering with content producers within the Marketing & Communications team and content managers within SBS units. The Website Content Manager also works closely with website developers in SBS Tech, providing project management on new unit websites, collaborating on needed technical features and design, and performing basic site building tasks. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential to the position. This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications and collaborates with the marketing team in creating strategic campaigns, developing an editorial calendar for SBS, and executing related content through SBS website.
In the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, we study people and their interactions with each other and the world, searching for answers to some of the biggest questions facing humanity. We support more than 7,400 undergraduates, empowering students with the critical thinking skills to stay future-proof and shape the world. The college is home to more than 30 academic units and research centers, including eight graduate programs ranked in the top 25. Our dedicated and respected faculty include 12 Regents' Professors, two MacArthur "genius" award winners, and numerous Fulbright and Guggenheim fellows. As part of a land-grant institution, we are committed to sharing our discoveries with the community through public education and outreach.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and implement a voice and tone for the SBS College and individual SBS units based on overall SBS's Strategic Plan.
- Work with SBS Dean's Office and department leadership in planning and creating new website content, including facilitating stakeholder workshops and feedback sessions.
- Develop and manage all SBS marketing focused content strategy, creation and distribution for SBS websites. Serve as project lead for new academic and center websites, overseeing all phases of development, design, and content production.
- Audit content; curate and create new content; write user-friendly, compelling copy.
- Develop information architecture for SBS unit websites including overall site structure, navigation, and taxonomy.
- Assess and improve content workflows and other processes.
- Document and implement standards, best practices and style guides.
- Train content producers and editors on site editing, workflows, analytics, and best practices.
- Evaluate content performance/needs using analytic data, usability testing, and other metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to write engaging content for online audiences
- Understanding of information architecture, structured content, and website design best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and website accessibility.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with changing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience writing engaging content for the web and a thorough understanding of effective communication in a digital environment.
- Experience using analytic data and user research to optimize website performance (e.g. Google Analytics, social media analytics, A/B testing, etc.)
- Experience editing and creating content with Drupal, WordPress, or similar content management system.
- Experience working effectively on complex projects involving numerous stakeholders, including experience with facilitation, consensus building and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience implementing content strategy methods across a variety of channels, including website, email communications and social media.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: 50,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.