Business Operations Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, the Business Operations Coordinator will provide fiscal and business support to the Honors College. Major responsibilities of this position include bookkeeping, monthly financial reconciliations, file maintenance, processing purchasing orders/travel reimbursements, and monitoring the use of financial resources in full compliance with state and university regulations. This position participates in related functions pertaining to audits and program reviews by anticipating, identifying, and minimizing risk factors in the administration of financial resources. Additionally, this position processes payroll and personnel transactions on the University's Banner HR system and serves as Honors' Building Emergency Coordinator.
- Degree in business or related field or equivalent level of training and experience
- Experience providing fiscal and/or business support in an academic or professional office environment.
- Working knowledge of the Banner Information System or other similar database systems.
- Advanced spreadsheet and financial system abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to arrange and complete multiple tasks, solve problems independently, and exercise judgement in dealing with confidential information.
- Experience managing financial activities
- Working knowledge of University and State policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience working with PageUp
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact (insert name) at (insert email address) during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.