Simulation Technician (Part Time/Full Time) (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req10602
Department: College of Nursing
Location: UAHS - Phoenix
Address: 92 W Vaughn Ave, Gilbert , AZ 85233 USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Nursing Simulation Technician is responsible for supporting a healthcare simulation laboratory learning environment based on contemporary best practices, leading edge technology and the testing of new approaches. Under the direction of the Simulation Site Coordinator and Simulation Director, the full-time or part-time Simulation Technician will collaborate with the UA College of Nursing simulation and skills team and work with faculty to support skills acquisition and simulation-based education activities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare clinical laboratory environments with extreme attention to detail including but not limited to set up and take down of a variety of healthcare simulation mannequins as assigned.
- Restock and organize supplies and carts as needed throughout the various rooms and simulation suites utilized by the College of Nursing.
- Support staff and faculty as directed during planning, trialing and running of laboratory and/or simulation-based education activities by preparing and placing props, supplies, moulage etc. in order to create and sustain a realistic healthcare setting.
- Prepare student laboratory kits as directed.
- Set up and take down skills practice, remediation and testing environments in accordance with activity specifications.
in efficient and cost-effective management of consumable supplies and durable
resources including minor repairs,preventative maintenance and general cleanliness.
- Utilize specific software, applications, and databases as directed.
- Assist as directed with operating simulators.
- Work with volunteer students as assigned.
with simulation center tours and events for a variety of groups and organizations.
- Prior work experience not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
* Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialists (CHSOS).
* Simulation based education experience.
* Interprofessional education experience.
* Experience with concept based curriculum.
* Integrative Health related experience.
Full Time/Part Time: To be Determined
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20 - 40
Job FTE: .50 - 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.50 - $17.69
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Contact Information for Candidates
Dr. Connie Miller | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.