Coordinator of Residence Life for Marketing and Assessment
John Carroll University
University Heights, Ohio
Residence Life and Housing
The Coordinator of Residence Life for Marketing and Assessment is a full-time, 12-month, live-on professional staff member in the Office of Residence Life. The Coordinator of Residence Life for Marketing and Assessment reports directly to the Senior Director of Residence Life and shares in the responsibility for all facets of the Residence Life program. The Coordinator of Residence Life for Marketing and Assessment leads a residential community (Head of Hall) and has responsibility for a major Residence Life initiative. Specifically, the Coordinator of Residence Life for Marketing and Assessment will focus on leading and further developing marketing and assessment efforts for the Office of Residence Life.
We seek a student development practitioner who:
- Cares deeply about forming strong relationships and engaging in meaningful experiences with students
- Embraces our Catholic and Jesuit identities and will live the mission of our University
- Is open to new and challenging experiences directed toward professional growth
- Is committed to creating and contributing to an inclusive campus community
Head of Hall Responsibilities
- Lead and develop a residential community of approximately 350-450 students living in multiple residence halls which may include living-learning communities
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate 8-15 Resident Assistants (RAs), including Senior RAs
- Conduct bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with individual RAs and facilitate weekly staff meetings
- Oversee the planning and implementation of all programming and community development initiatives within the residential area
- Advise and guide RAs on appropriate student and floor interventions
- Coordinate student conduct cases and determine outcomes aligned with a restorative justice model of student conduct
- Collaborate with campus partners to intervene with and support students of concern and students at-risk
- Mediate elevated conflicts that occur between roommates and among residents
- Collaborate with Resident Ministers to support student needs
- Serve on the on-call duty rotation and support after-hours processes that ensure student safety
- Manage budget lines for community building, programming, and staff development
- Supports housing operations functions, including opening and closing of residence halls, access control, and follow-up on facilities and housekeeping concerns
- Contribute significantly to RA recruitment, selection, and training processes
- Contribute significantly to office, divisional, and institutional processes and committees as assigned
- Perform occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
Marketing and Assessment Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Coordinator of Housing Operations, develop and implement a social media presence focused on information sharing, student engagement, and promoting key events and processes within the Office of Residence Life.
- Lead efforts to develop standards of marketing for social media and other marketing (print/digital) for the Office of Residence Life.
- Support departmental assessment efforts, including development, implementation, and analysis of satisfaction, learning, and evaluative data. This may include the creation of outcomes, measures, and assessment instruments.
- Master’s degree in College Student Personnel Administration, Higher Education or related field
- Prior experience in Student Affairs and Residence Life at the graduate or professional level
- Prior supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of student development, student leadership, and community development theories
- Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world
- John Carroll University requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated from COVID-19 and to present proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment with the University. Individuals who are offered and accept positions at the University may seek medical and non-medical exemptions from the Vaccination Requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication and critical thinking skills
- Experience with student affairs assessment
- Experience with marketing for a department or program