Part-time Coordinator of Athletic Facilities and Assistant Equipment Manager
Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a Part-time Coordinator of Athletic Facilities and Assistant Equipment Manager
Franklin & Marshall College is a residential college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education. Its aims are to inspire in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds a genuine and enduring love for learning, to teach them to read, write, and think critically, to instill in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action, and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social and cultural worlds in which they live. In so doing, the College seeks to foster in its students qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, that they may live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world.
The campus is located in a residential neighborhood in Lancaster, PA, a vital, historic city in a county of over 500,000 residents, with easy access to Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York, and Washington, D.C. Lancaster offers both a diverse, urban environment and lush, rolling farmland. Residents enjoy charming historic districts and historical landmarks, a vibrant arts and cultural scene, and dining and shopping to suit every taste.
The Coordinator of Athletic Facilities and Assistant Equipment Manager 's main responsibilities will be assisting the Assistant Facilities Manager in the Equipment Room for Football Operations, event management for Winter and Spring sports assisting with the coordination of events including club sports, varsity sports and external rentals, and in maintaining game and practice schedules.
- Provides assistance in scheduling and organizing coverage for games and meets.
- Communicates schedules to athletes and Athletic & Recreation personnel as required.
- Assure facilities and equipment are prepared in advance of practice sessions and contests.
- Helps maintain athletic equipment, facilities and uniforms in good condition.
- Provides event management for Winter and Spring club and varsity sports as well as external rentals.
- Assist with coordination of day-to-day operations supporting the football program, including preparing football equipment for distribution, reconditioning, assists with ordering supplies and equipment, game day and practice management.
- Responsible for training and supervising student workers assisting with event management and equipment operations
- Supervise student workers
- High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 1 year of relevant experience required
- Must have a general knowledge of NCAA guidelines.
- Must be certified to drive College vans per College policies.
- Basic computer skills, google suites, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions
- Interprets and seeks information, uses independent reasoning to diagnose the root cause of situations or issues, identifies and tests solutions and thinks beyond what is typical or customary. Uses information to determine benefits and impact in making decision and/or recommendations
- Ability to coordinate and administer programs/project activities and protocols. Ability to manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risks and quality issues associated with the program/project
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Because this position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) please review the link below that includes information regarding the protection of minors. This link also outlines information regarding a mandatory training you must complete prior to working with minors. The online training course must be completed at least once every two years by faculty, staff and Franklin & Marshall students who interact with minors
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by sending a scanned copy of their completed vaccination card to Human Resources. Employees may request a religious or medical vaccination exemption by contacting Human Resources.
PART-TIME Part-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff enjoy access to all College facilities, including dining venues to suit all tastes, free access to recreation and fitness facilities for the employee dependent family members, free access to College libraries, plus free or reduced access to most College performances, lectures, and events, on-site professional development workshops, and health and wellness activities. Discounts are available on Lancaster YMCA memberships, long-term care insurance, and the campus bookstore. Medical benefits are not available to part-time employees.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Individuals who need an accommodation due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3995.
Franklin & Marshall is proud to offer a smoke-free work environment.
All resumes and cover letters must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax.
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received.