Coordinator of Live Productions
- Coordinates and produces ESPN3/ESPN+ broadcasts for all Mount St. Mary’s sports.
- Effectively works with ESPN, conference representatives and other key stakeholders on relevant aspects of broadcast operations and planning.
- Delivers scripting, sponsor fulfillment, graphics, feature packages and all elements of in-broadcast planning in a timely fashion and at a high quality.
- Hires and trains a combination of students and freelance personnel to fill all roles within broadcasts (producers, replay, graphics, cameras, etc.).
- Reports to Associate A.D. for Athletic Communications and will work with that position to manage scheduling, planning and all coordination with on-air talent.
- Strategizes opportunities to maximize broadcast operations through cost-effective equipment acquisition while managing a detailed inventory and managing on a game-to-game basis.
- Prepares game highlights for internal and external distribution.
- Collaborates with faculty in the Department of Communications for academic program opportunities and requirements associated with relevant broadcast or digital communications curricula.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with key internal groups, including university information technology, athletic department creative services, communications, facilities and events, director of A/V and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge regarding a variety of intercollegiate sports as well as NCAA rules and compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of technical aspects of broadcast productions, with particular emphasis on equipment, scripting, personnel management and more.
- Previous experience with streaming broadcast operations required, preferably on ESPN platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Experience with Ross, NewTek and/or other applicable mainstream broadcast equipment.
- Ability to problem solve in challenging situations.
- Ability to multitask and plan for a high volume on concurrent event broadcasts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Broadcast experience in college athletics.
- Experience in producer and director roles of sports broadcasts with additional in-depth knowledge of all broadcast positions.
- Experience with training and supervising students in a video production environment.
- Experience coordinating with freelance personnel hiring.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary’s University, retirement program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule. Competitive salary commensurate to experience.