Career Services Coordinator II
Title: Career Services Coordinator II
Department: Student Success
Location: Main Campus
Posting Date: 06/20/2022
Initial Screening Date: 07/06/2022
Career Services Coordinator II
Pay grade level: 14Compensation: $48,609 - $60,761Employee category: StaffPosition Type: Full-Time FLSA status: Non- Exempt
Job Code: SA101FTECSCDepartment: Student SuccessDivision: Student Affairs and Enrollment ManagementReports to: Director of Student Success and RetentionPositions Supervised: College Work Study StudentsLocation: Primarily Main Campus, but any other college location as assigned by the appropriate administrator
The Career Services Coordinator II is responsible for the management and operation of career-connected learning programs and services for KCKCC current, future, and former students. This position is responsible for creating an environment that further engages students and integrates career development into the student experience to support enrollment growth, persistence, student success, and engagement with the community. This position will design and implement career services programming and assessment plans aligned with the vision, mission, and strategic plan of KCKCC; in collaboration with faculty and staff across all of KCKCC’s campuses and partners in Wyandotte County and the greater Kansas City Region.
- Responsible for the development of the vision, mission, and direction for KCKCC Career Services in collaboration with the Director of Student Success and Retention and Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Establish Career Services policies and procedures in alignment with the institutional strategic priorities, policies, and procedures
- Provide a comprehensive range of general services, including, career advising, student outreach, workshops, appointment and drop-in services, and employment preparation
- Develop and implement Career Services assessment plan including student learning outcomes, programming, and assessment tools. Responsible for oversight of all Career Services annual assessment reports, program review, and Task Stream management.
- Responsible for the Career Services annual budget and maintain zero-based budgeting practice.
- Manage, develop, and provide outreach for Handshake employment platform and MyMajors system consistent with career-connected high impact practices and KCKCC strategic priorities.
- Build partnerships between KCKCC and external constituents (businesses, public sector, and not for profit organizations) to facilitate employer recruitment of KCKCC students and alumni and mentoring of KCKCC students.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and reporting of a post-graduate employment survey consistent with NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) standards.
- Responsible for collaborating and building an integrated relationship with Student Success Advisors to develop linkages between career paths and majors offered at KCKCC.
- Plan and manage targeted career engagement programs and services including employer site visits, career fair preparation, networking opportunities, employer and alumni engagement, mock interviews, mentorship opportunities, and other special career series/events.
- Coordinates and facilitates workshops on topics such as writing resumes and cover letters, interview skills, job search strategies, networking, and performs mock interviews.
- Actively partner with BLUE Freshman Seminar Program Coordinator and faculty to integrate Career Services curriculum, class presentations, and workshops related to career planning and readiness.
- Responsible for collaborating and assisting KCKCC faculty with internship opportunities that promote career connected learning.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Success Retention and the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to and ability to work with a diverse student and faculty population.
- High energy, self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and establish credibility with all levels of employee in the organization.
- Detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to manage several projects with multiple deadlines simultaneously.
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Bachelor’s degree in career services, communication, higher education, marketing, or closely related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience related to career planning or relevant student affairs services including a highly diverse, first-generation, and financially fragile population.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Master’s degree in career services, communication, higher education, marketing, or closely related field.
- Experience with Handshake, MyMajors, and CRM platforms.
- Experience in managing social media in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience understanding and use of educational practices in career counseling, the job market, recruiting and hiring procedures and ability to advise, motivate and coach students.
- Bilingual speaking and writing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, see, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30 with two weekly shifts 9:30 – 6:00pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Educational Institution