Regional Associate Director of Admissions
Function of Position:
Wartburg College is accepting applications for the leadership position of Regional Associate Director of Admissions. The position is responsible to the Executive Director of Admissions for assisting and advising students through recruitment in the specific geographic territory of Illinois with specific emphasis on Chicago metro and the top 1/3 of the state. Responsible for the coordination and implementation of an annual recruitment plan.
- Coordinate the admissions process for students in assigned territory; assist with campus visit days and scholarship programs; maintain contact with serious applicants; provide initial academic advising for incoming students; provide extensive information and follow-up on financial aid. (25%)
- Plan and implement events to maintain and develop awareness of the College; represent the College at high schools, churches, youth organizations, and other organizations and events. (20%)
- Coordinate the McCaskey Scholarship initiative by identifying candidates, conducting outreach events and interviews, selecting recipients, and communicating with the donors. (15%)
- Work with the Executive Director of Admissions to identify Community Based Organizations for partnerships to recruit culturally and experientially diverse students to Wartburg, based on the enrollment plan of the College. (10%)
- Research the potential for and plan travel in specific territory; research and develop a proposal for travel, outreach programs, and activities through high school counselors, youth directors, pastors, alumni, and prospective students’ parents to serve the territory. (10%)
- Provide supervision of up to three out-of-state admissions counselors for recruitment guidance and territory strategy. (10%)
- Supervise and train students to assist in prospect management. (5%)
- Prepare student application files for students not meeting minimum academic standards for review of application materials and ensure applicants have completed the application process. Make recommendations for admission by selecting the best qualified. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
BA and strong communication skills. Must be self-motivated, willing to travel extensively and work evenings and weekends; ability to plan and organize multiple projects; capacity to relate well to diverse backgrounds; ability to articulate the value of a liberal arts education; enthusiasm, energy, creativity and humor. Prefer experience in admissions, high school/college counseling, or marketing/public relations; Spanish proficiency would be a preferred skill.
Prefer Master's degree and minimum of 3 years of related professional supervisory and administrative experience. Preference given to candidates with experience creating and executing an effective recruitment plan for underrepresented students.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.