Compliance & Privacy Specialist
The Compliance and Privacy Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the implementation and maintenance of the University’s compliance and privacy programs. The Compliance and Privacy Coordinator will provide integral support to the Office of University Compliance including, but not limited to, developing and implementing outreach and education; responding to compliance and privacy concerns; engaging in compliance monitoring activities; and supporting special projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Assistant Director for Education and Development with the coordination, maintenance, and evaluation of compliance education, training, and development efforts.
- Assists with the development of innovative and effective awareness, education, and training options on a variety of topics to enhance compliance across the institution, including UConn Health.
- Assists with setting the compliance and privacy education plans.
- Coordinates evaluation and assessment efforts related to the compliance and privacy programs and activities, assists with the analysis of data and metrics, and assists with developing recommendations for enhancements.
- Assists with the management of various data analytics and produces reports, as needed.
- Conducts benchmarking and research projects related to compliance and privacy programs, laws, and regulations in higher education and makes recommendations for best practices and programmatic enhancements.
- Assists with the development, review, revision, distribution, implementation, and tracking of compliance and privacy documents and policies.
- Responsible to manage and maintain the compliance and privacy websites including ensuring accurate and effective communication of information.
- Provides assistance and support to privacy and compliance investigations, as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant laws impacting higher education as well as knowledge of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.
- Responds to general inquiries related to compliance and privacy programs and activities.
- Facilitates presentations and trainings to enhance a culture of compliance at UConn.
- Supports monitoring activities including conducting benchmarking and research, building monitoring tools, communicating with units and departments, coordinating monitoring meetings, and drafting reports and updates, as needed.
- Promotes and initiates outreach across the University with regard to appropriate use, maintenance, disclosure, and disposal of University data.
- Serves as an effective resource for the UConn and UConn Health communities through the positive engagement and development of collegial relationships.
- Completes other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and six months to two years of related professional experience.
- Experience creating, implementing, and/or facilitating trainings and/or presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong judgment and demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to respond appropriately in challenging situations and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and complete work independently, when needed.
- Certification in privacy, records and information management, compliance, or related certification.
- Experience and knowledge utilizing Microsoft applications and/or similar database systems.
- Experience and knowledge utilizing educational tools and programs such as Articulate360, Saba Learning Management System, Vyond, Constant Contact, or similar programs.
- Knowledge of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.
- Three (3) years of experience working in privacy, compliance, or related field.
- Work experience at an institution of higher education and/or academic medical center.
This is a full-time, management/confidential position.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496481 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 17, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time