Director, Patron Services and Audience Management (E)
Kennesaw State University
Conference and Events Administration
Job ID: 244509
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Directs all ticketing and front of house operations for College of the Arts (COTA). Directs and manages the Box Offices on both campuses, supervises student assistants, staff and volunteers. Coordinates with appropriate staff across all units to ensure college-wide standards in customer service regularly interfacing with department patrons.
1. Coordinates event planning for all department special events
2. Directs ticketing and auction operations for the department
3. Collaborates with the development office for all special events working with donors, faculty, and administration to maintain donor relations and facilitate VIP events
4. Directs department personnel including box office, house, and volunteer management for over two hundred performances per academic year
5. Plans marketing strategies and implements best practices to maximize income from fixed-seat and flexible season ticket packages
6. Plans audience engagement strategies and campaigns to attract and retain patrons across product lines
7. Collaborates with the marketing team to develop strategies, pricing, and revenue goals
8. Strategizes and communicates with staff to implement inbound contact protocol and order fulfillment procedures that increase patron acquisition, retention and average spend per household
9. Collaborates with members of the marketing and communications team to develop advertising collateral and/or materials (i.e., print, electronic and/or digital)
10. Clearly communicates campaign timelines, packages, and pricing
11. Monitors best practices of other theatre and entertainment organizations in the sale of subscriptions and season tickets
12. Trains and messages season ticket sales campaign to internal and external constituents
13. Creates and maintains fiscal responsibility for all budgets and reconciles revenue on a regular weekly reporting schedule
14. Directs student assistant training modules throughout the year
15. Responsible for hiring and training all student assistants
16. Collaborates with department leaders to determine ticket costs, price scaling, and seating configurations
17. Collaborates with marketing and communications leader regarding promotions, on-sale dates, and public messaging
18. Creates and implements new means of enhancing the patron experience to develop a stronger base of community patronage
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in accounting, technology, or related field
Required ExperienceINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of related experience managing a box office including supervising staff and volunteers
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in accounting, technology, or related field
Pay Grade: Exempt 12
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of event planning and donor relations
Specialized knowledge in AudienceView or similar CRM
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Strong leadership skills that are innovative and creative with the ability to delegate responsibilities
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=244509&PostingSeq=1