IT Support Manager II
Posting Number: req10607
Department: Support Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
University Information Technology Services (UITS) is accepting applications for the position of IT Support Manager II for the Classroom Technology Support team within IT Support Services. The IT Support Manager II is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of a team of 10 to 15 members providing technology hardware and software support for centrally scheduled classrooms. The team members work closely with the staff from other UITS departments and the campus community to ensure requests are handled efficiently and expediently through the proper channels while delivering exemplary customer service. The IT Support Manager II actively engages with campus organizational units and faculty to determine IT needs and create mitigating strategies to address classroom technology needs.
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus' wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of analysts providing support to centrally scheduled campus classrooms.
- Design, plan, and implement multimedia installations for classrooms, including installing, operating, and maintaining equipment.
- Engage with campus organizational units to address classroom IT needs and establish a user support model.
- Represent UITS on the Classroom Committee, which is responsible for the overall strategy of the classrooms on campus.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance practices and maintenance schedules.
- Manage an annual budget and purchases equipment with detailed specifications.
- Keeps technologically current in the fields of audio and visual transmission, video conferencing, and instructional classroom technology by researching, attending conferences, reading technical journals, and consulting with other technical experts in the field.
expert technical advice and training as needed.
- Train, coach, and mentor team members, including weekly one-on-ones.
- Plan agendas and lead weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for creating employee development plans and
- Ensure timely response/resolution for classroom support
- Track and analyze trends in resource usage and generate
statistical reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Translate reports into dashboards that offer relevant
insights to stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Assess need for process changes based on request trends and
make recommendations for improvements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of current technology relating to audio and video transmission equipment and video conferencing equipment.
- Knowledge of preventive and corrective maintenance on audio/video equipment.
- Knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems, including installation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to motivate and engage staff.
- Passion for service excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to track and analyze key metrics and trends.
- Adept at working with
diverse populations and able to communicate effectively with different levels
and professional expertise.
- Ability to work a base
schedule of Monday through Friday from 8 am-5 pm and after hours on call
- Integrity and character.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience.
- Minimum five years of related
work experience including 2 years of managerial experience with training
and leading staff, preferably in a customer service environment.
equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving audio/visual and other classroom technology problems.
- Supervisory experience in a support service center.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $67,856 - $92,624
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.