Starbucks Barista (Culinary and Food Services Attendant I) (Multiple Positions) (UPDATED)
Posting Number: req10516
Department: Park Student Union
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Please Note: The number of openings has been updated from 4 to 5.
The Arizona Student Unions is looking for multiple full-time Baristas (Culinary and Food Services Attendant I) to join our Starbucks teams. These positions will be located at one of our three Starbucks locations on campus. This position contributes to Starbucks and the University of Arizona's success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. Starbucks provides customers with prompt and quality service and maintains a clean and comfortable store environment. This position provides a variety of quality, nutritious and flavorful food and beverages to students, faculty, staff and guests.
The Student Union Memorial Center is one of the largest student unions in the United States. At a size of 405,000 square feet, SUMC contains everything students need.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Upholds Starbucks standards of customer service and drink quality.
- Prepares and serves espresso/coffee products and other products.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the Arizona Student Unions and the University of Arizona.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment.
- Replenishes workstation as needed and maintains a clean working environment.
- Keeps work area clean and makes sure all temperatures are correct.
- Sets up/closes espresso bar, pastry case
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food service production, service techniques, and standards
- Knowledge of sanitation and quality food service standard.
- General knowledge of weights and measure
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Frequently reaches, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries, and pushes.
- Occasionally be required to transport/move a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Often stands for entire shift.
- High School Diploma required; OR, Equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience operating commercial food service equipment
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.50
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Culinary & Food Services
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 5
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.