Client Platform Engineer- Remote - (PT3)
Information Technology Services at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for a Client Platform Engineer-Remote.
About the Opportunity
The primary job duties of this position are to design and administer complex information technology systems critical to the University's ability to manage client devices. This position will build and provide services including application deployments, automation scripts, computer operating system images, endpoint patching solutions, and client configuration frameworks.
The position is responsible for the testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and operational support of IT projects and applications used to support WVU client devices. This is an experienced level position where the incumbent is expected to work independently with general oversight from the Client Platform Manager of the unit. They will provide technical leadership and guidance to other IT units within the University including documentation, assistance, and training as required.
The incumbent will be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of computer and security policies as defined by WVU and ITS and will recommend and implement procedures and technical solutions that are compliant with any applicable laws, standards, and University-defined policies. This position will research new technologies and make recommendations to change or implement systems and procedures that provide benefit the University.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
- (for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
- Responsible for the implementation and administration of WVU's System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure. This includes server management, network configuration, application design, remote site administration, security role and scope administration. Maintain a stable and responsive SCCM environment in support of mission critical business applications and requirements. Document system administration and maintenance procedures.
- Research, design, test, and implement client management infrastructure in Microsoft Azure and Intune. This includes policy-based management, application builds and deployment, security processes, and device deployment strategies.
- Administration of license servers and network printing solutions.
- Support and administration of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions for clients on the WVU network. This includes designing and testing deployment scripts, applications, operating system images, patching strategies, and configuration baselines. Use available scripting and programming tools, along with 3rd party software to create automated deployments for unattended deployments. Design infrastructure and processes that secure WVU clients while minimizing downtime and disruption.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other professional technologists across the university.
- Work independently and/or as part of a team to plan, coordinate, conduct, and implement a variety of complex systems. This includes database, networking, and web-based support of activities necessary to maintain information technology systems, processes and projects related to client support infrastructure
- Test, evaluate, and recommend equipment and/or solutions designed to improve productivity or efficiencies on the network.
- Design, test, and participate in the deployment and maintenance of the standard desktop operating system and software environment and associated programs.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in a computer or engineering related field or 4 years' experience in an IT related profession.
- A combination of education, experience, and certifications that provide the incumbent with the knowledge, skills, and ability to successfully perform the job as defined.
- A minimum of four (4) years in Progressively responsible experience in an IT related field.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructure, preferably any of the following areas: Windows Servers, Active Directory, Group Policy, Network Printing, SCCM, Azure, Intune, Jamf Pro, Lansweeper.
- Knowledge and familiarity of scripting languages, preferably any of the following: PowerShell, Bash.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all organizational levels with technical staff, managers, and end-users
- Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical documentation and justify approach used, resolve complex issues, explain and/or train staff on technical features related to client support infrastructure.
- Ability to express technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to research, analyze, detect, and technically correct developed processes.
- Ability to reason logically and analyze and solve technical problems in a complex environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and prioritize as needed with little oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team of diverse skill levels and expertise from multiple areas.
- Knowledge of computer security issues, requirements, and trends including an awareness of information security laws (HIPPA, FERPA) and accepted industry practice.
- Seated at computer or telephone - Daily
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.