Graduate Programs Manager
Posting Number: req10532
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 E Helen St #320, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The Department of Marketing is hiring a Manager of Graduate Programs (Academic Programs Officer II). This position is responsible for managing the operations of the Marketing Department's Master of Science in Marketing (MSM) program and the Ph.D. in the marketing program. For both programs, this position assists the department head in managing the strategies and goals of the programs, developing assessment measures, promoting the programs on all media platforms, recruiting and managing the admission process, tracking student records, advising student progress, building cohort and student communities, developing and maintaining alumni connections, organizing academic and career workshops to help students succeed, and hosting social and career events to serve the students in both programs. The Department of Marketing is a highly cohesive unit and a successful candidate will excel as a member of a team environment while being able to work independently.
The Department of Marketing is one of six academic units in the Eller College of Management offering undergraduate, master's, and doctoral programs. It is internationally recognized for pioneering research, innovative curriculum, and distinguished faculty. As we work toward our mission to discover and share new knowledge that shapes the future of business and to educate the next generation of responsible, global leaders who embody the changing business world and possess the knowledge and drive to impact it, we recognize the value of diversity and inclusion. We invite all qualified individuals to apply to join us in achieving our mission.
Eller students come from all walks of life. The Eller College of Management strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming. We believe diversity enriches us all, expands our understanding, and allows us to create better solutions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for its innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit http://talent.arizona.edu/
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the Marketing Department's MSM and PhD academic programs.
- Serve as liaison for marketing graduate programs with other Eller College units, departments, programs, and The University of Arizona.
- Work with marketing faculty to develop assessment measures for marketing graduate courses.
- Promote both MSM and PhD marketing programs in all media platforms. Coordinate with college MarComm team.
- Manage admission process for Masters' and PhD programs.
- Build student cohorts and communities.
- Serve as first point of contact for prospective marketing graduate students and as the main point of contact for continuing marketing graduate students.
- Develop and maintain alumni connections.
- Organizing academic and career workshops to broaden and deepen student learning.
- Host social and career events to serve the students in both programs.
- Coordinate course offerings and selection by graduate students with marketing faculty and other Eller College departments.
- Provide marketing graduate students with mentoring, academic advising, and academic probation advising.
- Manage graduate orientation and assist with convocation ceremonies.
student reactions to the program and provide feedback to the Department
Head and/or instructors as appropriate.
duties as assigned by the Department Head.
degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level
experience required and minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or MBA.
- Related work experience in an academic environment, especially higher education administration.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Student Services Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.