Post-Doctoral Fellowship Clinical Anatomy
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for a
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Clinical Anatomy (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The successful applicant will be experienced at delivering lectures in Human Clinical Gross Anatomy and conducting Gross Anatomy cadaveric dissection laboratories in our Masters of Biomedical Sciences and Physician's Assistant Programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and deliver clinically-oriented lectures to physician assistant students and masters of biomedical science students
- Assess student performance by preparing and administering quizzes, written exams, and laboratory practicals.
- Work closely with Physician Assistant and Masters in Biomedical Sciences Program faculty to engage in curricular development and implementation.
- May participate in the education and instruction of medical students and other health care professional students as determined by department chair while providing mentorship and motivations for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, and hands-on lab sessions.
- Participate in inter-professional educational activities with RVU students and students from other programs or other universities.
- Participate in service to the university community and students through serving on committees and task forces as appointed.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students when appropriate and provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of the COM meet the standards established by the faculty and college and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency established.
- Participate in the assessment or evaluation of and provide feedback to other members of the faculty as a portion of the college's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency with specialty field.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the university and college in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system coordinator), providing patient care, community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of the University and College through advancement of its mission and vision and advancement of your personal career.
- Other duties as assigned by the CO Campus Dean or his/her designee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience preparing and delivering anatomy lectures to Primary Health students and/or medical students
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence with gross anatomy dissection and instruction in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisors
- Exceptional professionalism and communication skills
- PhD in anatomy or related field from an accredited program
- Academic and teaching experience in a medical school or allied health professional setting
- 1-3 years of experience teaching cadaveric dissection-based human gross anatomy
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may apply.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.