We are seeking a talented individual to join our agile team to develop, maintain, and support our serverless application platform. This is a full-time position located in Blacksburg, VA with health, retirement, and professional development benefits, including tuition assistance and industry certifications. The Software Developer will be working with TypeScript, REST APIs, Vue.js, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda and other AWS services.
Our projects span diverse problem spaces including UI development, microservice design, and cloud infrastructure integrations. We strive to deliver the highest quality cyber security learning platform at scale to support educators and students across 47 states and 3 continents.
We encourage diversity, inclusivity and cross-functionality in our team and expect our future team-members to embrace these ideals. A successful candidate must have the ability to communicate and interact within our outstanding team, demonstrate a strong work ethic and organization skills, work independently with minimal supervision, and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent training and experience
- Experience with front-end web development using a modern UI framework such as Angular, React, or Vue.js
- Experience with NoSql database
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment and on individual projects independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience with serverless technology such as AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, and CloudFront
- Experience developing projects leveraging cloud resources (AWS, Azure, GCloud)
- Experience developing a single page application
- Experience designing noSQL data models
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering concepts, design patterns, and quality attributes
- Experience contributing to projects within an Agile/Scrum development paradigm
- Demonstrate a readiness to learn and stay connected with emerging technologies
- Amazon AWS certifications such as DevOps and/or Solutions Architect Associate/Pro levels
Commensurate on experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact India Eanes at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.