Senior Database Administrator
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
We are looking for a passionate Database Administrator who can work with the rest of the team members and various IT teams to deliver EnterpriseDB technical tasks. This includes understanding their business, developing recommendations, coding, and delivering training where appropriate. The ideal candidate has a strong blend of people skills and in-depth knowledge of database deployments, and has the ability to organize weak or vaguely constructed customer requirements, and turn them into successful engagements with the customer.
Title and salary commensurate with relevant experience based on the following titles and hiring ranges:
Senior Database Administrator: Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline required. Advanced degree preferred. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible DBA experience. Salary up to 118k
Database Administrator: Required: Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline required. Advanced degree preferred. A minimum of three years of experience with mission critical applications and in a large scale data center. Salary up to 100k
Requirements/Experience in the following areas:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant discipline.
* Oracle and SQL server database administration.
* High-availability solutions such as Oracle RAC and SQL server clusters.
* Database performance tuning and database security.
* Automating the database infrastructure administration tasks using Ansible.
* Source control management and CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins and Bamboo
* Cloud platforms is a plus
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.