Student Support Specialist I (Part Time/Full Time)
Posting Number: req10517
Department: Dept of Emergency Medicine
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Ave, P.O. Box 245057, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Student Support Specialist I will assist the Medical Director and the Academic Advising Manager with administrative and educational functions for the EMT Course and other EMS courses. This position will also coach, mentor and tutor students enrolled in EMS courses. This position may also conduct or oversee the teaching of EMS courses.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate delivery of educational materials.
- Develop instructional schedule and coordinate with EMS Advising Manager to identify approved instructional hours for Health Educators.
- In coordination with the Academic Advising Manager, maintain and edit D2L with content as needed, including announcements and grades.
- Answer student questions regarding course expectations, required prerequisite activities and other requirements that come in via email and through academic advisors prior to the start of the course.
- Coach, mentor and tutor students enrolled in the EMT course.
- Maintain all course and student records to ensure compliance with all Arizona Department of Health Services (AzDHS) and National Registry Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) documentation, educational and testing standards.
- Preparation of regular reports for leadership including details on pass rates, student head counts, demographics and retention.
- Annually review State and National guidelines for EMT training and documentation to report any changes to leadership.
- Manage NREMT roster for testing and tracking of student certification outcomes.
- Coordinate EMS skills instruction, demonstration, and evaluation for student skills days including staffing and equipment.
- Teach students using a variety of techniques including didactic lecture, practical demonstration, monitoring of group activities as well as evaluations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
*D2L Experience. *Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency. *EMT or Paramedic Certification.
FLSA: To Be Determined
Full Time/Part Time: To be Determined
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 24-40
Job FTE: .60 - 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Meronda Lindberg | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.