Part-Time Faculty Positions in Exercise Science
Kennesaw State University
Kinesiology, Exercise Science, and Phys Ed
Job ID: 244795
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part Time
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Wellstar College of Health and Human Services houses the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Management (ESSM).
ESSM is a dynamic unit offering undergraduate sports science degrees in Exercise Science and Sport Management with pre-professional preparation options as well as a minor in Nutritional Science and graduate degrees in Exercise Science and Prosthetics & Orthotics.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a pool of open rank, part-time faculty positions in the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Management for the academic year 2022 - 2023. These positions are on an as needed basis. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
- Candidates are expected to instruct various courses lecture and laboratory courses in a face to face or an online format to support the undergraduate Exercise Science curriculum.
- An earned Master's or higher degree, or the foreign equivalent, in exercise science or related field.
- Certifications to support the required curriculum courses including American Heart Association Instructor Certification, American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist, and/or National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Record of past teaching at the undergraduate level
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- Experience teaching face to face, online, and/or laboratory courses
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Name and contact information for three references
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Tiffany Esmat, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at email@example.com. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=244795&PostingSeq=1