Posting Number: req10572
Department: The Honors College
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The W. A. Franke Honors College is seeking candidates for an Events Coordinator. The candidate would need to be a detail oriented, enthusiastic leader to assist in planning and promotion of Honors College events. Under the director of the Marketing and Communications Director, and with consistent collaboration with the Franke Honors College faculty and staff, this position will be responsible for coordinating all events large and small - from recruitment info sessions to convocation ceremonies, and everything in between.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with staff and faculty across the W.A. Franke Honors College to plan and run events. Some of the events would include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment VIP visits for prospective high school students
- Family Weekend
- Donor/Alumni Events
- Honors Pinnacle
- Coordinate the Fall and Spring convocation ceremonies
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to develop promotion materials for all events
- Assess impact of events and develop ways to improve events going forward
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- May occasionally require evening or weekend work
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications and Marketing
- Experience in running events and building community
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Conference & Events
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.